Saturday 16 February 2013

Positive value of 'rejection letters'

I find rejection letters from Literary Agencies quite a lot better than some comments had lead me to believe. 

I also appreciate that some have also become adept at gentle let-downs.

However, I have just had one of the most 'promising' rejection letters to date, from a major UK agency, who actually stated that they had 'read my first novel, and thought it stronger than many recent submissions, and an enjoyable read'. 


Should I relish such a rejection letter?

Yes!

That actually gives me so much more hope, as the rejection was more about not identifying a publisher who would take the genre, rather than the text itself not being up to the mark.

I wish all agencies could be so emphatic - for better or worse - and include a short constructive critique. 


It might deter those who decide to put their draft back on the shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A short promotion - Book four - 'A few silver threads'

 Hi folks; For your information, I am running a promotional event on both Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com, for the next week only. During that t...