Wednesday, 27 November 2013

It's a small world - in Victorian England...

Hey guys;

I decided this year, not to do reviews of TV programmes, as I struggle to find time to write these days, let alone review.

However, I watched the latest episode of Ripper Street on Monday night, and had one of those 'strangely familiar' moments...

Part way through the episode, a banker who has been exposed as having a fondness for 'rent boys' is found shot dead at his desk, gun in hand, suicide note on the desk admitting to another murder.

Lo and behold, he has actually been murdered - the letter forcibly written under duress from his killer - before being shot and then the suicide staged.

This is so similar to the death of my character Doctor Joseph Wilson, in his lush house at The Newarkes, in Leicester, in my first novel 'Jack Ketch's Puppets'.

Should I be surprised? No - these things must have been common place - feigned suicides...child abuse...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Those voices in my head...

The voices inside my head have finally started, once again. I have been struggling with how to adapt the work I have already under...