Thursday, 13 June 2013

'Death Lurks in Cock Muck Hill' - Teasers or tasters from current books seem to be the 'in thing'...

Hey guys;


Today's teaser - another taste of 'Death Lurks in Cock Muck Hill', the second book in 'The Borough Boys' series...on sale now through Amazon & KDP...

‘So, I am moving the regular constables on the beats that cover Mansfield Street, Abbey Street, Sandacre Street and Green Street area, and I want you two to take the beats on as your regular patrol for the next few weeks. I think I can trust you not to do what your colleagues seem to be doing?’ said Charters.

‘I’m up for it, sir,’ said Shepherd. ‘What about you Perkins?’

‘If it sorts it out, I’m up for anything. Anyway, it sounds like it will save a few pennies on sparring with you for a few weeks.’

‘You two will spend your entire duties down there. Anyone steps out of line, and I want you standing on their toes. Know what I mean?’ said Charters.

‘Mr Shepherd is very adept at standing on people’s toes, sir,’ said Beddows. ‘He had a good mentor!’

‘As I well recall, Mr Beddows; as I well recall,’ said Charters.

‘From tonight, you two are the only men routinely on those streets. If anyone else is seen there, it’ll be to back you up, or else I’ll have their crown jewels!’ said Charters. ‘I want hard, but fair! And you will need to be hard, believe me!’

‘Yes, sir; hard, and fair!’ said Shepherd. Perkins nodded quietly, in agreement...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those voices in my head...

The voices inside my head have finally started, once again. I have been struggling with how to adapt the work I have already under...