Saturday, 6 April 2013

It's writing time again! Work in progress update...

Hey guys;

It's Saturday, and I am looking forward to making an impression on one of my current 'work in progress' projects.

What do I have in the pipeline?

I am concentrating on a short novel that will form #2 in 'The Borough Boys' series, and which will give a new depth to my main characters, particularly Samson Shepherd.

It will also incorporate a lot more background to what life was like in the poorest and most lawless parts of Leicester in 1851.

Imagine, dark alleyways and courtyards, full of drunken people, all with little hope for the future, lounging about or slumped against doors and walls. The odd fight - an inevitable in the area I'm afraid to report. Twelve year old girls, legally over the age of consent for the year, offering themselves up for a coin or two...and often committing their trade in the yards, amongst the drunks and vagabonds. 'Con men' and pick-pockets, hawkers, dealers...

A community that was at war with itself, as much as with authority, and a scary place to venture!

This short novel will be out for the summer holidays, all being well.

Also, 'Death in Santorini' my first 'Tony Lawrence' short novel, a more contemporary read, is progressing nicely, and should be out for a similar time! 

'Jack Ketch's Puppets', the first full novel in the 'Borough Boys' series is available now at Amazon and Kindle KDP select...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jack-Ketchs-Puppets-Introducing-Borough/dp/1482712008/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364317134&sr=1-1

My first work of non-fiction, 'Leicestershire Myth & legend - in verse' is also available at the same outlets... 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leicestershire-Myth-Legend-Phil-Simpkin/dp/1482566435/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364317251&sr=1-1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Those voices in my head...

The voices inside my head have finally started, once again. I have been struggling with how to adapt the work I have already under...