Thursday, 21 March 2013

Writers' Blues

Hey guys;

Had a bad day yesterday. Actually it started the day before!

Why is it that just when you think everything is finally coming together, something leaps out and smacks you in the face?

I was alarmed to find that what I had taken for granted with some images, based on what had been fairly extensive research, had suddenly been exposed as subject of Copyright.

Everything had to be stopped. Everything had to be taken down, and a complete re-submission process started.

I guess the moral of the story is, 'there is no such thing as free', or conversely ' use your own stuff rather than relying on the internet!'.

I have now made my first little dalliance into self-publishing, a truly, self resourced book, and spent the day doing my own pen sketches and watercolour sketches, which was actually fun.

I will never, ever, use what other sites confirm is 'free of copyright' or for that matter, clipart from MS again, as it isn't as I'm sure many think - copyright free.

Anyway, its a good chance to get out my paint, brushes and pens and start my old hobby back up!

Also, what should have been a 'High', with the arrival of my hardcopy proof of 'Jack Ketch's Puppets' was turned into a bit of an anti-climax.

It also looks so different on paper, and I realise that I am a novice writer still!

I am desperately shaking off the blues and will endeavour to ensure that the second in the series is a little more 'show', and a little less 'tell, as I suspect I have an imbalance in book1.

We live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those voices in my head...

The voices inside my head have finally started, once again. I have been struggling with how to adapt the work I have already under...