Well done Createspace / Amazon KDP!

I was a little concerned, when using the 'Createspace' self-publishing process, that they recommended not just relying on proof reading of my first two books 'on-screen' or as PDF files, but to buy a hardcopy proof.

'Hello' I thought, just another way to make a few quid, in the publishing grinder! Also, a further delay in getting the book out there?

But no. I stand corrected.

When my beautiful new novel arrived, I was elated.

It was only when I started to turn the pages, that I realised that there was still much work still to do.

Why it did not look such an issue 'on screen'? I do not know. Perhaps it's my mild form of dyslexia, and I see things differently?

Whatever...the outcome has been for a major edit. Lots of silly punctuation fixes, and a major decision to 'prune' radically. I could see that there was still too much 'tell' and it needed cutting back, and it was not so evident electronically.

I have now just submitted a comprehensively edited version back for Createspace approval, and I am much happier with what will go on sale, as my 'First Edition'.

Well done Createspace and Amazon. A sensible step in the proofing process, and I would recommend it to anyone who thinks their 'on screen' proofing is sound!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some images of The old Borough of Leicester circa the time of 'The Borough Boys'...

The first of my author interviews - Megan Denby - 'A thistle in the mist'.

The second of my current Author interviews - Mr Chaunce Stanton - a day early, owing to family pressures!