Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Feeling a little jaded today!

Hey Guys;

What a mad weekend. One of those weekends you don't want to go through too often, as a writer, that is!

I finally got the notifications I was hoping for. My new paper proof version of 'Leicestershire Myth & Legend - in verse' arrived, and apart from a minor tweak, it looked stunning.

So, time to get it out as an ebook.

Those nice folk at Createspace provided the wizard to allow for a simplification and streamlining of the process, but then the fun started.

Amazon / Kindle Direct Publishing, for whatever reason, didn't like my files!

The conversion of the Createspace template - threw out all the line breaks in key areas.

So, a new PDF - sucked!

HTML? - sucked!

What about a good old fashioned Word.doc? - GOT IT!

I eventually had a file that looked as it should on a Kindle.

That was a short book, so I am in anxious anticipation of how it converts my novel 'Jack Ketch's Puppets' which I am waiting on hardcopy proofing before I say 'Go ebook!', and then, I anticipate, it all starts again.

Hey Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those voices in my head...

The voices inside my head have finally started, once again. I have been struggling with how to adapt the work I have already under...